The dewy mornings, sunshine and in between cloudy weather reminds you the winter season, isn’t it? This season with cold, dry atmosphere with winds is something which makes your body also dry. Skin , the largest and most sensitive organ in your body tends to be knowing this seasonal changes faster .
The concept of Ritucharya – the seasonal regimen
Ayurvedic seers in ancient India had knowledge regarding the change in seasons and how they are affecting the herbs and humans. They formulated details about diet and lifestyle regimen for each season as Ritucharya –the seasonal regimen . Winter is included under Hemanta
(early winter ) and Sisira (late winter ).
Winter and energies in your body
During winter , the wind energy Vata and Kapha the structural binding energy are prone to get imbalanced in your body . The dry . cold and light nature of wind energy affects your skin more making it rough and dry . itchy and shine less . You know this Kapha energy is able to bring back that lost shine to your skin ? Thinking how to balance these energies? Let’s see .
Skin care tips for the winter
- Establish a daily routine based on the precious teachings of Ayurveda –
- Try to wakeup early in the morning at least before 6.30 am . The wind energy will reduce and sun will start to be on the horizon up in the sky at that time to see you !
- Brush your teeth using Ayurvedic tooth powders or Neem twigs or tender Mango leaves , give it a try .
- You can use Anu Taila as Ayurvedic nasal drops to reduce dryness of nasal cavity and for your oral cavity swish with sesame oil.
- Do oil massage on your body with warm oils like Karpooradi and exercise mildly . You can also do sun salutations at that time .
- Apply hair nourishing oils like Neelibhringadi on your hair and massage for 10 minutes . Take a warm water bath , spend some time in peaceful meditation calming your mind and body alike .
- Be positive and active throughout the day, you can have a dry ginger coffee – Chukku kaapi in between your work. Never forget to add protein snacks with whole cereals , green gram , spinach and little bit of pepper and turmeric to boost your digestion and make you energized the whole day .
- In the evening, Ayurvedic face wash like Charu sutra can be used to get rid of dirt from your skin and make it clean. Apply aloe vera gel on your face before going to bed and give a light massage too.
- For protecting your feet from cracks , you may apply footcare butter and if you have pain also , Murivenna can help you .
- Save your skin from Harmful sunrays like UV rays.
Things to be taken care of
In winter, drink more boiled water, at least 8 glasses to be taken religiously. This is to retain moisture content in your skin and to prevent dehydration . To prevent dryness of skin and scalp . avoid using harsh chemical based products with sulphates and parabens . They can also cause allergies when used for longer periods . You might have noticed more appearance of allergic rashes , eczema like conditions in winters . So what is the Ayurvedic solution ?
Ayurvedic solutions for winter care
Apart from following Ritucharya , if any skin trouble exists , Ayurvedic tablets like Nimbarajanyadi , Mahamanjishtadi kashaya Taplet, Karappan tablet comes for help.
Nimbarajanyadi Tablet is a broad spectrum anti allergic and immunomodulatory medicine which tackles allergy with perfection. It is a unique polyherbal medicine helping to combat allergic symptoms by delaying histamine release and purifying blood. Antioxidants Haridra – turmeric and Nimba – Neem strengthens the immune system. It is indicated in cold, allergic cough, Asthma and skin allergies.
Mahamanjishtadi Kashaya Taplet is made from the herbal extracts of classical decoction Mahamanjishtadi kashaya . It consists of Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia ),Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Nimba (Azadirachta indica), Haridra (Curcuma longa). This caplet helps to detoxify your body purifying the blood. It acts as anti-inflammatory and helps proper functioning of the immune system. Promoting wound healing is also a property of Mahamanjishtadi kashaya . It is indicated in skin diseases like eczema, psoriasis and also in rheumatoid arthritis like conditions.
Karappan Tablet is an effective herbal remedy for skin diseases. Ingredients of this tablet are Kankola(Piper cubeba), Patha (Cyclea peltata ),Shunti
(Zingiber officinale), Kutaja twak (bark of Holarrhena anti dysentrica), Pippali (Piper longum) etc. This polyherbal formula has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, immunomodulatory, blood purifying action. Karappan tablet is also helpful against microbes like gram-positive, gram-negative bacteria and fungi. Karappan tablet reduces blackish discolouration of your skin and promotes natural healing. It is useful in scabies, eczema, psoriasis like conditions. Ayurvedic skin care aims to restore vitality, the Ojus of your skin. Bipha Tablet Uses is totally natural and organic.
Bipha healthcare with years of research have converted classical medicines to patient friendly form and introduced new patent medicines too in the Ayurvedic arena. The legacy still continues. Ayurveda for skin, the natural way to get a glowing skin back again.