Urinary disorders are no ordinary health issues as problems to your urinary system could directly or indirectly cause harm to vital organs like kidneys, urethra and urinary tracts. Pay attention to your urinary health at all times and seek immediate medical attention in case of any discomfort in your urinary system.
This post takes a glance at urinary disorders from an Ayurvedic viewpoint and helps you analyze various organic remedies for healing such issues. Hop in to know about the herbal solutions in Ayurveda for clearing urinary tract infections and related symptoms.
Urinary Disorders - An Ayurvedic Perspective
To heal urinary disorders using Ayurvedic principles and solutions, you have to initially understand the problem from an Ayurvedic viewpoint. The four major categories where urinary tract infections could cause trouble include the urethra, kidneys, bladder and vagina.
- Different types of urinary disorders like stones, enlarged prostate or poor hygiene could lead to an aggravated Pitta dosha which could lead to a burning sensation during micturition (expelling of urine).
- If you are seeing blood while passing urine from your system, it is a condition called haematuria which is a form of adhoga raktapitta. To recover from this, you have to take care of your genito-urinary tract.
- Vrikka sotha is another urinary problem in Ayurveda that leads to inflammation in your kidneys.
- Excess formation of phosphates, calcium and/or oxalates around your kidney region may cause kidney stones, which is a common urinary disorder.
- If you are unable to empty your bladder, it is an issue called urinary retention. Mutraghata could result from urinary tract obstructions or urinary route inflammations.
- Both men and women could be prone to unique urinary disorders like the ones on the urethra, vagina, etc. If pregnant women experience urinary disorders, it could lead to issues for the foetus, which could become congenital anomalies affecting their appearance, growth and development or functioning.
Natural Remedies for Healing Urinary Disorders
The proven natural remedies in Ayurveda that can help you fight and overcome urinary disorders are as follows:
When selecting a herbal solution that can help you treat urinary disorders, the easiest option is to go for one capable of healing numerous symptoms associated with the disorder.
An example is the Bipha Gokshurapunarnavadi tablets which are proven as a working solution for general urinary disorders, urine retention and burning sensation during micturition.
The natural ingredients that make up the Gokshurapunarnavadi formulation include Gokshura, Punarnava, Guduchi, Kokilaksha, Shunti, Harithaki, Daruharidra, Nimba, Patola and Brihati. These are all effective and reliable herbs to help heal your urinary disorders.
Direct Consumption of Herbs
For urinary disorders with lighter symptoms, you can consume Ayurveda herbs directly. It could be Gokshura for urinary bladder infections, Punarnava for blood purification and anti-inflammation, Guduchi for healing pain during urination, Bangshil for urinary tract infections, Varunasava for maintaining urine flow and Yashtimadhu and Shatavari for reducing the numerous symptoms.
Other herbs in the Ayurveda healthcare solutions include Kasni for maintaining kidney health and items like Chandraprabhavati, Varunadikwath, Pushanbhed, Darbh and Kushkash for treating general urinary disorders.
Constant Checkups and Healthy Lifestyle Practices
None of the herbal formulations or Ayurvedic remedies will effectively work if you ignore the parts of frequently checking up with your urologist and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Some of the tips include avoiding overexposure to the sun, not exposing to moisture and dampness and not withholding urination urges.
Do physical exercises based on pelvic muscle strengthening and experience yoga poses like Gomulkhasana, Pawanmuktasana, Ardha Matsendrasana, Uttanpadasana, Viparita Karani and Mula Bandha. Panchakarma can also help you purify your urinary system.
As for following a specific diet that suits urinary problems, include seasonal fruits, probiotics, spices (cinnamon, cardamom, coriander), fibre, legumes and rock salt in your consumption habits.
Avoid common salt and hot spices. Proper sleep cycles and sufficient hydration will surely help in regulating your urinary system health at its maximum best.
Considering the frequency of occurrence and the chances of your urinary organs getting exposed to infections or diseases, it is not a surprise if you have a related symptom at some point in your life (mainly towards the older ages). But this will not pose critical concerns if you take charge of your health scare from the beginning and get adequate treatment on time.
Ayurveda herbal solutions ensure a positive response at all times if you are fighting the symptoms of urinary system illnesses. Try to receive assistance and support from a capable Ayurvedic healthcare practitioner from the very beginning.